Sunday 13 December 2020

Blooming!

 I do not have a green thumb. In fact, I can kill just about any plant I have ever been given. But, quite a while back some neighbours who have not only green thumbs but whole green hands gave me an orchid. It bloomed politely. And then it sat there. The neighbours came for a meal and pointed out to me the spot where it should be cut back. I did that. 

And it sat in the window and I watered it. A new leaf bracket appeared. And then a new stem appeared and the old stem sprouted.

Just look at it now. Five flowers out.


And stay tuned. There are at least five buds more. 



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. It is beautiful. We had one that did nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank goodness you had the good sense to invite the neighbors for dinner.

    ReplyDelete