Sunday 29 November 2009

The blogger Regrets - Monday Mission

Painted Maypole's task for this Monday's Mission is to write a letter of regret.  I was rooting around among my regrets (thankfully few) when the lyric to Miss Otis popped into my head.


The blogger regrets, she's unable to post today, madam,
The blogger regrets, she's unable to post today.
She is sorry to be delayed,
But last evening her family all got the flu, madam,
The blogger regrets, she's unable to post today.

When she woke up and found that her loved ones were puking ill, madam,
She got out the mop and the Motrin and moaned at the loss of the day,
And from then till the sun went down,
She ran in circles so round, madam,
The blogger regrets, she's unable to post today.

When the kids fell asleep at last and the house was quiet, madam,
She was so strung up that she didn't know what to say,
And the moment before she slept,
The dog made an unspeakable mess, madam......
The blogger regrets, she's unable to post today.

The blogger reports, she's unable to post today!

Edited to add: this is not my family, thank goodness.  But if I have read this over and over in other blogs this last month.  The H1N1 perfect storm.

7 comments:

  1. fantastic. and I see that our regrets have a similar theme! :)

    Hope your household is back on it's feet soon, so you can get off of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasty! I hear another wave is coming here but hte first 2 round are spinning down. I suspect December will add to the WaVe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it's not your household! Great job with the mission. I'll surely have this stuck in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it's not at your house! catchy reworking of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the stuff going around is scary. Glad this isn't you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often find that Blogger lets me down when I am just bursting to post. The Internet was off yesterday but came back on before I really panicked!

    Good catchy poem!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know why Miss Otis can't lunch? Because she's in jail!

    ReplyDelete