Tuesday 7 November 2023

Inner (Dinner?) Gratitude.

 The Gratitude Challenge. The rules are that you post for five days listing three things each day that make you grateful, then pass the challenge on. We did this a few years ago and agreed that it is time to run it again. All contributors more than welcome. 

Day 1

I was at a dinner tonight at our local community hall, the @Watson's Corners Community Hall. The kitchen and serving areas were swarming with volunteers, cooking, carrying, pouring, cleaning, organizing, helping out. It was a fine, fine outpouring of neighbourly spirit and generosity. And, it was fun.

Besides that, the food was amazing. Way to go, Mike. No detail was too small to have been planned for and set up. Way to go, Chris.

I love where I live. I am grateful, so grateful, to be a part of this.

ps This is yesterday's post, just so you know I am trying.

4 comments:

  1. Volunteers are special people. They make a place a true community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This crew goes beyond believable. And there was not, as far as I could see, a cross word. Not always so.

      Delete
  2. I thought that I had read this and half expected to see that I had commented. And then I remembered FB -- at least I think so. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I put it in both places. I wanted to get the message out about what a good crew there was.

      Delete